We have been in operation since 1971 and our commitment to providing a quality service is tantamount to our success. SAC is a privately owned company with our directors and shareholders holding 25% of the company each.
- John Schuurmans (B.Sc (Mech) Engineering)
- Mark Botha (N.H.D. AC+R)
- Antoni Krige
We offer our customers the best in service and reliability which has placed us at the forefront of our industry. With a well developed quality assurance program in place as well as staff who have been with us for many years, we continue to bring you only top level expertise and experience in this field.
Our company policies ensure that we maintain our goals in all our undertakings. They are as follows:
- Our management style is strictly on a “hands-on” basis with all the directors actively involved in all aspects of each project. One of our directors are in charge of site installation while the other two directors are contract engineers.
- We are dedicated to quality and meet our contract deadlines at all times.
- A large proportion of our profits are retained within the company as financial reserves, providing stability to the company.
- We enjoy priority, price and delivery status from all our suppliers thanks to our early payment history.
- We maintain an “open-book” policy for negotiations or during final account or variation calculations.
We have managed to negotiate and secure a large percentage of our contracts using the above policies as a measure for our success.
SAC has completed the Employment Equity Bill as set out by the government.
SAC has been assessed in terms of the BBBEE requirements and has received a “D” rating as a satisfactory contributor.
SAC currently owns shares in IKAPA Air Conditioning. This is an Affirmative Business Enterprise Company which enables us to achieve the ABE percentage requirements as stipulated in many of our contracts.
Southern Duct Manufacturing (SDM)
The directors of Southern Air Conditioning are also the directors of Southern Duct Manufacturing. SDM has recently acquired the latest fully automated duct manufacturing production line, enabling it to produce ducting faster than before. These ducts are manufactured complete with an integral flange folded onto the duct, reducing air leakage at the joints and making it suitable for cleaning. This new machine is one of six in the world and supplements our spiral duct manufacturing machine purchased in 2005.
Legend Piping and General
The directors of Southern Air Conditioning are also the directors of Legend Piping and General. One of our employees has been empowered by being made a director of the company. This company specializes in the piping and welding requirements for Southern Air Conditioning.
A Last Word
More than just air conditioning, SAC addresses various elements in the fulfillment of our projects. This includes intelligent buying, design, cost saving, communication and experience in dealing with professionals, programming, safety and environmental issues.